Srcsmgrl

Friday, November 10, 2006

Mentors and such

I should mention, to update, that I cannot have an official mentor. Being temporary makes me ineligible for quite a few things and makes many other things much more difficult (if I want a bus pass at the discount that other employees get I have to go to the 43rd floor of some building downtown). I don't mind though, this is the best opportunity ever. And hey, I have a mentor, it is just unofficial.

I have been lucky in that respect. When working for Sno-Isle I also had a great mentor. A manager that was respectful, understanding and knowledgeable. She really helped me see where I wanted to go without being pushy or dismissive. Now I have an example that is on the move. He is going places. I like seeing different perspectives to the same career. It is highly motivating.

I also enjoy the meetings with my fellow teen librarians. Hearing what is going on at their branches or at central keeps me going with my own projects.

I have added an XML link to my blog page for those of you that want to add it to your reader. If you use rss, I understand that you have to add "?alt=rss" to the end of the url. It is the blue button under the "I Power Blogger" button. I am getting good at this, and in only a few hours.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • Ah, now this is interesting. In settings, Blogger shows /atom.xml as your feed link. However, in the auto-inserted link tags at the top of the page HTML, they're using /feeds/posts/default instead, which produces the same output. However(er), note that the ?alt=rss suffix only works with the latter.

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 12:57 AM  

  • Hmmm, When I was putting other blogs in my rss, I had to add /atom.xml?alt=rss to the end of their url. Or maybe I didn't have to, but it worked and that was what little I found in blogger as far as instructions.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 8:11 AM  

  • That's bizarre. /atom.xml?alt=rss works for mine. It even works for the suspiciously similarly named LibrarianChronicles. But not for yours! WTH? And I didn't see a toggle specifically for RSS anywhere on the settings page, and the help only has this note: "If you would rather have RSS, give FeedBurner a try." Whatever that is, since its site isn't loading for me.

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 9:08 AM  

  • That is strange. I didn't get a chance to set up my own wiki last night, so I haven't tested it yet. Maybe this evening.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 9:51 AM  

  • And the likely answer: You're using Blogger Beta, whereas I'm not.

    By Blogger El JoPe Magnifico, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home