Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Support and Summer Socials

I haven't been here for a while. I took a long weekend for camping with family, my son got burnt to a crisp--literally 2nd degree burns. Last time he refuses sun screen. We saw Harry Potter 5 (lovely). My sister is taking the Bar for Nevada as we speak. Go Meagan! You are gonna rock that test!

I have been amazed at the love I feel at SPL. I know I sounded all negative and angsty when I didn't get the job I wanted. I was disappointed. The scheduling with the change over has been, well, a nightmare, but it ended before it got too scary. Evidentally I woke up in time and everything has worked out.

What I want to say is that the level of support that I have gotten from individuals here has been absolutely amazing. Even the manager that rejected me has been a tremendous help. My fellow teen librarians have given me kudos and talked to managers without involving me, saying what a great employee I am. I have gotten emails from assistants that have scheduled sub-hours with me in the past and they are just glowing. Managers have given me advice and helped me pull through the "dark time." I just am so thankful for the people I work with. It really makes me feel like I can make the best of this situation and see this new position as an opportunity to do great things. /gush

Tomorrow I am staffing a table at our community summer social. I am looking forward to peddling the Summer Reading Program for all three age groups and all of our other wonderful services. And of course, sampling the ice cream, because what is a summer social without ice cream?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home