Srcsmgrl

Friday, July 27, 2007

2 Days of Outreach

On Wednesday I attended the Mapleleaf Summer Social. I shared a table with the community center, and I think we did a great job augmenting each other. The teen coordinator staffed their booth and he brought several teens with him to hand out flyers. They were very enthusiastic and it helped me learn some of the names that had eluded me in the past. They also kept bringing us goodies from the other booths. There was LC's Diner that had yummy pork skewers and the quesadilla's were really good. Cloud City Coffee and Wild Roots Spa were giving away shirts and samples. And of course there were Good Humor ice cream bars. I saw many of our library patrons there and gave away summer reading program flyers to those I didn't recognize (and some I did). Both of the people running for Seattle City Council that stopped by seemed to think that Metro should be hiring more bus drivers and having routes run every 15 minutes rather than every half hour or hour. I would love to see that happen, but I doubt it will.

Last night was gaming night for Queen Anne. This time the Wii worked the entire time and we got to try out all the games. DDR was not as popular this time. We also played air hockey and pool. There were 5 teens, 3 boys and 2 girls.

One of the boys followed the two girls around as they alternately sat on the couches, played air hockey and got snacks. He talked to them about everything and anything and they looked at me several times and rolled their eyes, but otherwise seemed to find the attention entertaining.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home