Srcsmgrl

Friday, February 29, 2008

Tournament Gaming

I have already spent my ENTIRE paycheck...and I only got paid this morning. Sigh.

But it was worth it! Way! I got a Wii! We have a few games from xmas, but now I want MORE! Doesn't go too well with me having already spent my whole paycheck.

In other gaming news, I went to a training offered at Sno-Isle Libraries given by Eli Neiburger of Ann Arbor District Libraries. The first half was old hat, but the second half was all about tournaments, which was exactly what I needed to know about. We are having a tournament this summer with qualifiers at several branches, culminating in a final tournament. It will be limited to ages 8-18 and will be split into 2 age groups, with the finalists of each age group competing at the very end. Now that I have a Wii, I can practice... Yay!



And these guys are scored on "perfects" rather than the overall ddr score, to keep things fair. One step...all I can say is "wow."

Eli is a true gaming geek, and I can see why! I played DDR and sang in Rock Band at the training and had soo much fun. Now I want to get Guitar Hero II and the karaoke game for Wii--because they don't have Rock Band on Wii :'( I found out that the folks that developed Guitar Hero lost the rights to it after II, so III is made by someone else and isn't as good, and the original folks went on to make Rock Band--which truly rocks. Can you believe I got 100% on one of the songs I sang? And 96% on the other. I was vibrating with excitement when I got done. Guess I know Creep by Radiohead and In Bloom by Nirvana pretty well. All that singing in the car has finally paid off somewhere.

Ann Arbor District Library has a pretty amazing website, partially because it is mostly blog and partially for its simplicity. The teen tournament gaming area is really cool, and lists all of the gamers scores from the time they started playing. Here is a link to the related blog. Overall, a good use of a day.



And in final technology news, ROBBY is dying. ROBBY has been my friend for the last 4 years, and I am typing on her even now. I am not sure what made me name her ROBBY, seeing as she feels very female to me, and Robby seems like such a boy's name. But maybe it is because she is able to do things for me that require a strong mind and body, which brings a tomboy to mind. Unfortunately, the body is now failing. ROBBY's video chip is coming undone from her motherboard, and there is nothing more that Advanced Laptop Repair can do for her. They gave me a special place on the keyboard to press if she gets stuck, but that will only work for so long, and eventually her screen will go blank for good. I have already cried for her once, and I am sure I will do so again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home