Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Babies Abound and Other Stuff

I may have mentioned a few posts ago that several of my family members and acquaintances are having babies. First, a cousin I grew up with had a baby girl a month or so ago. She is a real cutie. Now my brother and sis-in-law have adopted a baby girl, who is just adorable. I am very happy for them, because they have been wanting a child for a long time. They were picked by a girl in Florida to be the parents of her child. She was only 17 and wants to go to college. Bro and Sis went to meet her and her parents a month or so ago and everything went well. They prepared the nursery, packed a bag and other baby essentials and waited. Two days ago, they got the call. The girl had gone into the hospital to deliver the baby! They flew to Florida and got there a few hours after the baby was born. 7lbs, 4oz, 19" long beautiful baby girl.



This is my new niece! My first one ever. We are going to go see her in mid March. That might seem like a long time, but it might be that long before they are able to bring her home from Florida. They have to wait there while the paperwork gets worked out. It is really expensive to adopt and it takes a long time and there are so many uncertainties. I really admire Bro and Sis's perseverance.

I have another very dear friend that is due in the next couple of weeks. Babies are just flyin' round, round here!

A lot of my weekend was spent working on my computer. There was something wrong with my display driver and for some reason, the newest driver would not install on my computer--the install software could not find the video card...it was a "known error" but they didn't have a fix for it. I decided to go ahead and do a system restart and repartition my hard drive. I forgot how much work that was! It needed to be done though. After finally getting everything the way I wanted it, I deleted the display driver, went to the Sony site and downloaded the original driver. I am hoping this will do it.

I also stayed home sick today. I have a terrible headache with an achy neck and throat. I had to get a filling this morning too--it fell out this weekend. Ever tried gettting a filling when you have a headache? I came home and slept for several hours. I think I could sleep for several more.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home