Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gaming! (no, not a Wii post...)

I forgot to tell you! My open gaming day went great. We played DDR, Karaoke Revolution and several Wii games. I brought along Mario Galaxy which, even though it is only a one player game, the kids loved. One would play and the others would cheer him on. Yes him, it was all smelly teen boys ;) Seven teens showed up, although we had a core group of 5.

I had my friend SJ, a fellow librarian, come keep me sane and she and I played DDR, much to the amusement to the boys. I sang on the Karaoke and it was a blast, although the song selection leaves something to be desired. The boys liked that game a lot too and would often croon in some unknown language along with the song since it didn't score on annunciation.

I also went to WASHYARG (Washington Young Adult Reader Advisory Group) on Friday. I carpooled with two other teen services librarians so we compared notes on good and bad reads in YA during the drive. I enjoyed the reviews, but I always find myself wishing they would hurry up. We will see if I can follow my own advice when I go to the next one and give my own.

I have been scurrying around all day trying to get things done. I don't know how I ever had spare time before! Every second off the desk is prized like water for a thirsty woman.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • I didn't know I had so much in common with fourteen-year-old boys. GRAND.

    By Blogger super jive, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home