Srcsmgrl

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Whidbey Helps a Zine

The vacation was good.



Diva and I stayed at The Yoga Lodge on Whidbey Island during the week.

It was really relaxing, and I was in a good place mentally to be without TV, radio and cell phone for 3.5 days. Other times in my life, this would have made me bat sh*t insane, but right now it was exactly what I needed. Langley was very dead--I felt sorry for the shop owners. But in reality, they had very little that I wanted. On the way home we stopped in La Conner which had some really cool art and such. Affordable even, although still outside of my price range at the moment. The gas for this trip and my weekend trip to Spokane totally put me over budget :( Someday I will be a grownup and have money to spend...

Today I had a totally cool program, which almost no one came to. It was so sad! But I had such a great time, I didn't really care. My zine-savvy co-worker/friend gave a demonstration of a one page zine (link goes to a flickr tutorial). I found a cool old Royal typewriter at the thrift store in Freeland while on vacation, so we had that to play with, along with several of Zine-savvy's type writers. I was amazed that the ribbon on mine worked--along with everything else. It needs to be cleaned up a bit and oiled, but otherwise it is in fine shape. Anyhow, I ended up making a zine to advertise our new zine collection at the library. It was really cool. I will take a picture later to post.

On first Friday there is a zine program at the Frye Museum. Unfortunately, this is also craft night and I want to figure out a way to do both. R. Crumb is the exhibit and I would also love to see that. I plan to bring my new zine to trade :) I made my manager jealous today with all of our zine creativity, so he said he was going to make one tonight. I am looking forward to seeing it. Heck, I want to make another one right now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home