Srcsmgrl

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Poetry Workshop

Today was my poetry workshop. Ann Teplick is a great teacher and she can really roll with whatever we throw her way. Today we had a teen boy and his parents and another teen girl that came to the workshop. She lead them all through the workshop like a champ. I sat in on almost half of it and was really impressed with some of the writing coming out of there. The dad wrote a poem that had me misty (like I have said in the past, not a difficult task). Here is my attempt:


A Poet is
a snowflake

infinite and free

drifting, falling

becoming one
with the land


A poet becomes
a stone

a speck of dirt

a pebble of sand

one of many

one of a kind


A poet will always be
a witness

a pair of eyes

a shout of joy

a cry of dispair

one who tells both
lies and truth

with grace and sincerity

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home