Srcsmgrl

Friday, April 11, 2008

RESPECT

My hands are still shaking. Funny how I can be moving through life, feeling mature and in charge, focused even, and one person can come along and make me feel 12 again.

I want to tell you the whole story--it would be good for my soul--but that would probably get me into trouble. So, suffice it to say, a patron challenged me today when I was in charge of the building, and while I think I handled it fine I also feel that he did not take me seriously. Whether it was a gender issue or that I don't look my age--not that either should matter--I don't know.

So, on to better subjects! I just had two real reference questions and that made me happy. I am almost finished cataloging the zines we had donated and I have a couple of shouts out to other zines to send them our way. I am about halfway through an order for zines from Microcosm--they seem to be out of a lot of things I would like to order. Book group was fun today. We talked about City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau. Now I am contemplating a walk around Green Lake w/ peeps for a little soaking up the sun time.

Yes, I feel better.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home