Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Long Weekend

I had a great weekend. Family and friends came over on Saturday to hang out. We sang on the Wii with the American Idol Karaoke Revolution game. It rocked. And of course enjoyed the 75 degree weather. Diva brought a picture of our sons in diapers for us all to gawk at and the boys liked it and had fun with us. I thought they would be embarrassed :)

Sunday, The Boy and I accompanied Dr. T down to Kent to meet some of his friends (for those of you wondering who Dr. T is, well, I think I called him The Man before, but I have decided that I hate that name, so now my boyfriend is Dr. T). The friends were a very nice couple that had moved up recently from San Francisco. Dr. T knew the husband from childhood in Spokane. He is a pastor and he and his wife have 2 children. Those of you that know me well, know that I am not religious. Perhaps even anti religious. I was a little worried about how I would come off in this situation, and also how they would judge me. Well, they didn't and I did just fine. In fact, I would say we got along well. They were very nice and The Boy and I really enjoyed the visit. The Boy was really polite and engaging, too (all weekend!). Sometimes he is not, but I see this as a sign of his usually teen-angsty attitude improving.

On Monday I did my usual volunteer gig, then met my dad and sister in bell town. My sis is publishing in the SCC school paper. It was very cool to see. Then dad and I hit Serious Pie for dinner. The food was pretty good, but the waitress was a little scratchy. I don't have anything I can pinpoint to complain about, but it was kind of disappointing. Then we went to see Marjane Satrapi at the Moore. She is the author of the comic series Persepolis and has a lot to say about the state of the world. She was remarkably well spoken, especially since English is her 3rd or 4th language and even she says she is far from fluent. I had already heard much of her prepared speech from a dvd that I got from the library, but the question and answer portion made me tear up with emotion (which is not surprising for me, since cheesy commercials about caring can get me misty).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow, you had such awesome weather for your party! What luck!

    I am sorry I missed it.

    By Blogger Librarian Girl, at 6:15 PM  

  • SCC school paper? That can't possibly be the Spokane Community College school paper, I would assume, but I cant help but ask anyways

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:18 AM  

  • Nope, sorry, I forgot a C. It is Seattle Central Community College.

    By Blogger srcsmgrl, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home