Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer is Singing in My Ears

This will be another exciting week here at Rancho Librario. I had one meeting this morning and spent a lot of time on the desk with multiple computer issues. I got to do some patron wrangling when somebody was attempting to utilize another family member's card. That one got off with a stern warning. Another gentleman was using a temporary pass and a 15 minute computer to print out boarding passes. That, folks, is called cutting it close (I am just full of cliches today...). We were busy busy busy! I called a potential volunteer today as well to see if he was interested in helping out with programs this summer and gathered materials for a school visit tomorrow.

Yup, it's already that time of year again. Tomorrow is a middle school so I found some age appropriate books to pitch and gathered a bunch of fliers, including Summer Reading Program, our own, very cool, U.N.N. Rivaled Gaming Tournament fliers, reading lists and homework help information. They still have 2 weeks left and I am sure a few of them are struggling with one of their classes. I will also be visiting a High School this week, so I will need different books for that, but I will worry about that tomorrow.

I visited Spokane over the weekend, both to see family and to see Dr. T, who is doing a rotation there--I am sure I mentioned that. He was a good fellow and came with me to hang at my brother's place and to my Step-Dads for a group birthday bbq. He even went shopping with us twice. That would be pushing my patience for sure.

We also walked along the Spokane River Falls which are a foot above flood level right now. The spray was impressive. Here is a cell phone picture:


And here is The Boy with aunt, uncle and new cousin, watching the carousel go around:

There are more, better pictures, but I need to find time to load them to my flickr account. I have been bad about that lately.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home