Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

P-Patch

As promised (I know you were waiting for it)...

This was the P-Patch almost as I got it. At this point, I had only dug up the front right corner.


Oddly enough, the line of what looks like grass next to the yucky lettuces was missing when I came back. I think they must have been some kind of bulb flower that bloomed earlier in the spring. Somebody wanted them, and I didn't know what they were, so probably wouldn't have kept them anyhow. I cleared everything out except for the iris and what looks like some blue bells that had already finished flowering. I added some leaf mulch that the p-patch provided and left it for a couple of days.



On the way to the Mac's (aunts and uncle in Bothel) we stopped at City Peoples in Sand Point and I got some natural compost/fertilizer. Monday morning after I took The Boy to school, I turned in the compost and dug some walk ways. I planted the cucumber, pickling cucumber, pumpkin and yellow zucchini plants that I bought and seeds for lettuce, thai basil and thyme.



I stopped on Highway 530 on the long drive back from Darrington and picked up the rocks you can see boardering one of the beds. It may take a while to get them all lined. I will leave you with the image of this iris :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home