Srcsmgrl

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

And Then She Babbled On and On

It was a long, but wonderful weekend. I went back to Spokane, and flew this time. It was cheaper than driving. I took the bus to the airport and back. I had a nice visit with Dr. T. I am so smitten with him. We had a bbq at his mother's place on Saturday and went and walked around the falls again on Sunday. We got to see more of it this time and I think I got some good pictures.

I also got to spend more time with my brothers and sister in law. And the baby! She is so sweet.

Last night friends took me out to the Pink Door for my birthday. It was really lovely and having my friends around really made me happy. I had spearfish with morel mushrooms, panna cotta with fruit sauce and a smokey scotch.

Today it was go, go go. I started the day with a routine medical exam, with special checks for diabetes, cholesterol and hearing. There is a hearing loss, and I got a referral, but the other two tests won't come back for a bit. After, I stopped at Top Pot to get donuts for my favorite boss's birthday. I was running early for my meeting after that, so I stopped in on Miranda and her baby. I am so lucky with this abundance of beautiful babies around me. Hopefully I can get my fix without feeling like I need one of my own. Then it was off to the teen services meeting, which was actually rather productive and had a great presentation by a police officer about security and gangs. When I finally made it back to my branch, we had the birthday celebration and I spent the rest of the evening on the reference desk. I was asked some interesting reference questions and got a lot done. I decided to try out our new online chat service that is available during open hours and that worked well.

Tonight I watched the Kite Runner and was disappointed that it wasn't true to the book. I suppose it would have been too long to keep the severity of his injuries and the hospital stays, but I really feel it lost some of its umph. I am heading to bed here soon. Hopefully sometime before 1am...

I am looking forward to this trip to California, even though it wouldn't normally be my idea of a vacation. It isn't costing much since I am using the flight vouchers from last summers canceled trip and staying with a friend. Most of my expenses for the conference are paid for through a grant from work. I hope that The Boy and I will have a relaxing time. Doesn't this look lovely?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home