Srcsmgrl

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holidays and Libraryland

Shoot, I forgot to take a picture of my other branch last time I was there. Everything looks great there right now--the Children's librarian rearranged her section too and it just looks ...so bookstore! Usually I don't go for that sort of thing, but in this branch it works well. I PROMISE to take a picture next time.

My holiday was spent with family in the second largest city in Washington. I regret not taking any pictures while I was there. I had a great time relaxing with the family. We did a little shopping--I got a pretty new coat (FINALLY!). It is actually just a basic gray pea coat, but it goes really well with the scarf and hand warmers I made myself--and will go great with the matching hat I am working on right now. Of course there will be a picture as soon as I am done with the hat. I spent a lot of time crochetting while I was with the family as well. I made several scarves for people--one really pretty one for my sister in law. The new man came over a couple of times and was able to hang out with us. He has family in Spokane, too. He also came to the family dinner I threw at my Dad's last night, so now he has met all of my immediate family except my mom and The Boy. Pretty intense for 2 months... Everything is good and he makes me really happy. I think I make him happy, too. ~ (dreamy) sigh~

Libraryland is slow at the moment. People are still visiting with friends or relatives, or even working, like us. I would say that we are only at about 30% of our regular volume. It will pick up next week, and likely be even busier than usual, at least for a little while. It is hard to watch my displays stagnate though. I like picking out new books to display and writing or finding reviews to go with them. I am also still very excited about the comics event coming up next month and have started putting flyers in all the display comic books. It is really a pain to go by and realize that no one is checking them out! I just need to be patient. Holiday hum-drums.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home