Srcsmgrl

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love, Loss and Disappointment

I am feeling much better than I was this weekend. Thank goodness for a lot of rest. I was so excited that the season 1 of Twin Peaks came in for me that my plan last night was to sit and watch as much as I could before I dropped from exhaustion. Unfortunately, I got it home and disk 2 was missing. I should have checked when I picked it up, but I was so excited. Then I was so bummed. So I watched disk 1, thinking I could skip disk 2 and watch the others, but of course there was a cliff hanger at the end of episode 2. Totally not fair! I am taking it back today and will probably have to wait a couple of weeks for another to come in. I hope someone turns in the missing disk.

A friend of mine was talking up the new Terminator show. I was skeptical, but when I heard that Summer Glau was in it, I had to see it. Luckily Fox was running the second episode online--wish they had the premier...--and it was really good. I like the actress playing Sarah Connor (Lena Headey), and John Connor (Thomas Dekker) is suitably cute in a teenager sort of way--he also played Zach in Heroes. There was a lot of action and the special affects were great. The story was good too, even coming into the second episode cold. So that is what I stayed up late watching instead of Twin Peaks.

I just finished reading Options by the Fake Steve Jobs. It was interesting and annoying at the same time. I enjoyed the writing but I really wanted to know what was real and what was fake in this parody of the Apple CEO's life. I hear that this book came out of a blog by the Fake Steve Jobs (AKA Daniel Lyons), which I can see being a fun thing to check out every now and then. This book covers the time when a lot of companies in the Silicon Valley were being targeted by an investigation by the government for options fraud. If you like sarcasm and imagining the neuvo rich as supreme a-holes, I recommend it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home